To develop the 2021 IRP, PSE will engage the public by informing stakeholders of plan components as they are developed, requesting feedback from stakeholders on project components at key decision points, and consulting with stakeholders to gain input from industry experts and interest groups. This process will follow methodology from the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) for designing and implementing effective public involvement processes.
IAP2 uses a framework for the level of influence stakeholders can have in a public process called the Spectrum of Public Participation (Spectrum). To determine the location of stakeholders on this spectrum, the project team considered how stakeholder input will be used, what stakeholder input can change, and how stakeholder input will affect the subsequent planning processes in the long term.
PSE elected to inform stakeholders of IRP progress at key decision points, and to consult and involve groups of stakeholders to provide input on certain IRP components throughout the process.
- To provide the public with balanced and objective information to assist them in understanding the problem, alternatives and/or solutions.
- To obtain public feedback on analysis, alternatives and/or decision.
- To work directly with the public throughout the process to ensure that public concerns and aspirations are consistently understood and considered.
Your feedback helps inform the IRP
PSE will be making decisions on the IRP throughout the IRP process. At specific points throughout the process, PSE will solicit feedback from stakeholders during participation opportunities (e.g. webinars, workshops, etc.) as well as by using a feedback form hosted on the website.
Opportunities to provide feedback on specific topics will be available for a limited duration and will help inform the 2021 IRP in a timely manner. Feedback will be compiled into feedback reports, which may include summaries of feedback received and responses from PSE.
Feedback reports will be turned into consultation updates which will be posted regularly on the website.
Timing for feedback
PSE will plan to follow the timeline below for feedback.
- One week before each meeting: PSE will share the meeting agenda, presentation slides and data attachments on the website. Stakeholders can begin submitting feedback via the Feedback Form. All comments collected at least three days in advance of each webinar will be reported and potentially discussed at the webinar, time allowing.
- One day after each meeting: A recording of the webinar and the transcript of the chat will be posted to the website so those who were unable to attend can review.
- One week after each meeting: Feedback Forms related to the specific meeting topic are due.
- Two weeks after each meeting: A Feedback Report of all comments collected from the Feedback Form, along with PSE’s responses, will be shared with stakeholders via the website.
- Three weeks after each meeting: A Consultation Update, where PSE demonstrates how stakeholder feedback was applied, will be posted to the website.
Stakeholders may provide feedback on any of the available topics at any given time. However, please note that feedback received outside of the feedback opportunity windows will be considered by PSE on case by case scenarios.